Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Number 1 or Number 2?

A two week blogging hiatus! That's right, I went on vacation without my laptop. It was glorious. And my neck stopped hurting from shouldering a bag with a computer in it. It may be time to get a little robot (my friend's iPhone did come in very handy on this trip, especially when we got lost. Or when I needed to prove that there was, in fact, a YouTube video of babies eating lemons). But then I might develop a case of BlackBerry thumb. Grand prize to the designer who considers the ergonomics of a PDA.

So the first thing I noticed upon landing in Portland, Oregon is that even in the airport bathroom, this place is more sustainable than most:


More from the trip tomorrow, including a walking tour of downtown Seattle with a video from inside Koolhaas' library...